And the saga CONTINUES!
Thank you Mary for tagging me!
For a refresher, here are the rules again:
- Acknowledge the blogger that gave it to you and display the award.
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gave you.
- Give 11 random thoughts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and notify them of their nominations.
- Ask your nominees 11 questions.
And here I am already trying to brainstorm 11 people I can tag when Mary managed to tag 22 people. O.o
Anyways, on to Mary’s Questions!
#1. Who is your favorite Marvel superhero and why?
What? He’s not a superhero? Hmm.
He isn’t either?
Okay, okay. Captain America or Spiderman. 😛
#2. What Hogwarts house are you in, and why?
I have not read Harry Potter (…and the crowd gasps…) but! I do have some friends who have.
According to their judgement, I would be in the Ravenclaw house, which apparently is the best one. 😉
For those who are as clueless as I was:
There are four houses of Hogwarts that the students are sorted into. Here is an overview:
Slytherin. This is for very cunning, “whatever it takes” kind of people.
Griffindor is all the brave/hero sorts, the confident ones.
Hufflepuff has all the sweet laid back types: small and innocent.
And Ravenclaw is for the more focused and studious types.
Shout out to aforementioned friend (you know who you are!) who gave me a quick crash course on this. (:
#3. If you could spend one day hanging out with one character in a book you’re writing or wrote, who would it be and why?
Arthur from my WIP, 51.
I started on version 2.0 (or 1.5? since I didn’t finish the first one…) and was realizing how much I want to better understand his character. Perhaps hanging out with him for a day would explain a lot.
#4. Out of all the superpowers out there, which one would you want to have? And why?
Is having an unending store of wisdom considered a super power? xD
Cause honestly that’s what would be the extremely helpful. If not, then the ability to fluently speak every language on Earth. That would be pretty helpful too.
#5. What inspired you to start your blog?
My longing to write consistently, to own a place to scrawl thoughts, and to see my words live in the daylight.
#6. What is a book or book series that you would recommend to anyone?
I thought long and hard on this one and then it hit me, and now I feel bad I did not think of it earlier.
(duh… 😛 )
#7. If you could go into your own world that you wrote or are writing, where would you go to first and why?
I would go to the Urlynwagh of the Anielian Dwarves. It is the very heart of their deep underground world: a large cone room with walls slanting to the base, covered in paintings, history, and old inscriptions etched from centuries of ancestors. It is there one may find the Dwarf counsel gathered in their battle armor, or the ancient Elders in their solemn garb. I’d love to listen to their arguments and cases, and the wisdom of their luvoren.
Then I would travel through the city to the castle and sit and hear the songs of the largest and most famous verhona played by the most skilled and aged musicians.
Maybe after that go visit a ynwalu trainer above the caves in the fresh mountain air, or try to discover what the trifelines actually do in their spare time…
#8. What food do you absolutely LOVE the most, and what food do you loathe to the ends of the earth?
This is a hard question to answer. Thanks to those ole green bean wars of my young childhood, I am not a picky eater, and on the other side there are so many tasty things in the world, and the majority of them reside happily in my mother’s kitchen via her amazing talent of creating delicious meals.
I’d say my mother’s homemade bread and white chicken chili are high on my list along with the grits casserole she makes. (I always request it for my birthday breakfast…)
Speaking of breakfast foods, her pancakes and waffles are the best I have ever had.
Red peppers, bagels, and grape tomatoes are also great.
Did I mention that my mom’s homemade salsa is from heaven?
I could keep going. xD
Just the other day my family was discussing how we love being in the “I Love Mom’s Cooking Club.” It’s amazing guys.
Anyways, as for something I dislike… Hmm. Ranch dressing comes to mind. It has a weird after-taste for me. And I’ve never really been fond of Ketchup either.
I hope condiments apply for this question…
(And I told you guys I don’t rant about food. Ha.)
#9. Which of the four seasons (summer, spring, fall, winter) is your favorite and why?
Oooh. Um. Hmm.
Did you just ask that? Really?
Summer is so beautifully, toasty hot. Days spent in the sun and bare feet squishing fresh green grass between toes. And the satisfaction of surviving another year of school and tying it up in a bow.
Fall is spectacular with all the trees turning red, brown, and orange, then carpeting the roads in their hair. It’s cool again and perfect for quiet, peaceful walks of awe.
And then winter is beautiful because they are the days curled up inside in a thick sweater by the fire with a cup of hot chocolate, listening to Christmas carols, and watching the snow cover the backyard in yards of brilliant white icing.
And the beauty of spring comes from the end of winter, as you wake up one morning to the sound of birds and open your windows to the sun and realize there’s a batch of flowers waiting beside your door step.
Does that answer your question? xD
#10. What is the biggest goal you have in life right now
That I can think of off the top of my head?
Well, it would probably be the goal to start over and write an entire first draft for 51 by August.
Or maybe not dying during Driver’s Ed this summer.
One of those.
#11. What is the one thing you love doing most in life?
How can I narrow it down?
Experiencing life with people I love.
Creating something beautiful for a fellow human.
Telling a story that touches a soul.
Watching young children.
Watching people grow up.
Geeking out over books with other writers.
And finishing a trigonometry problem and actually getting the answer right.
Now 11 random facts about me.
– I love music and currently I have 34 playlists on Spotify. (Is that too many?)
– Apparently, I am a first alto.
– My earliest nightmare I remember included me being kidnapped by a troll and taken to his treehouse. (Someday I’ll turn it into a story…)
– Ey, guys!! I am officially a professional artist! This week was the first time I was paid for my work.
– Now I am currently brainstorming what to do with three empty canvases.
– My name is a combination of the name “Eve” and “Lynn” so it means “life and light.”
– I have named a villain once after a name my parents were considering for me if I had been a boy.
– This summer is going to be a combination of reading, writing, pulling weeds, learning to drive, and hoping to start a small calligraphy business.
– I have discovered writing a note to a friend with a dip ink pen late in the night is lovely.
– I’ve been to 29 of the 50 states of America.
– I cry at the end of Toy Story 3 because the baby doll in it looks just like the one I’ve had all my life.
Well, now time for some tagging.
- all those tag thieves prowling around out there (I promise I won’t look if you steal it…)
- anyone who has not done this award yet (Does this species even exist anymore?)
- any fellow Ravenclaws (High-five guys!)
- any book characters out there who feel up to the challenge of hacking into their writer’s blog and posting (Muhahaha.)
And your 11 questions.
– What type of music do you enjoy? How has your music tastes grown over the years? (And how many playlists do you have??)
– What is one of the weirdest/scariest dreams you’ve ever had?
– Where is your favorite place to do homework? What about reading or writing?
– How many draft posts do you currently have for your blog?
– What is the worst experience have had in your writing life? (Or written life for those characters who are answering here. 😉 )
– Where is the weirdest place or situation you’ve found inspiration for a story?
– What was the last book/movie that made you cry? (Unless you’re one of those people who never cries…)
– What is a recent piece of insight you found that you really appreciated?
– What is something deeply satisfying that happened this week?
– What are you looking forward to this summer?
– If you had to pick one of your characters to haunt you the rest of your life, which would you pick? (Or for characters… which of your acquaintances would you love to go haunt your writer for you?)
And ten points for a bonus question! Who started the Liebster Award? Whoever they are, they’re a genius and they’ve taken over the blogging word with their self-multiplying device.
I’ve always wondered who is behind it all…
Well, friends, this is the end, but I’m curious. Does anyone else dislike Ranch Dressing and Ketchup? Or am I the only one?